Monday 9 May 2011

First Poster Development

After bring my poster into the pc, I added some newspaper cutout for type and some pc rendered type. Which i think conflicts with each other. I will have to remove one to make the design work. I also think the photo needs to have a more graphic element to it.

So, I tried out a new background colour and applied the soft light blending mode.
I then duplicated the image and moved them about so that I could get a multiple exposure look. 

I then changed the background again to a more appropriate colour for a black and white image.

I then duplicated the image again, and made it so it looks like the truck has become extended. The reason for this is to show it is moving with time. 
I also took the cropped background and started apply blending effects to them. It started to create some transparency effects.
I then cropped the background, following the shape of the image and created a abstract shape. The result of this has created a poster which I feel has a good narrative, well contextualized and meets the brief.

I also tried out some more backgrounds. This one was the one that worked best, however it has no relevance to my chosen theme and so is not appropriate for my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment