Thursday 16 June 2011

Final 2


For this design, I used a photo of one of the designs collages i made. Then I used the blending tool, soft light again and duplicated the image three times. I left one of the duplicates on top creating a bulk of the image to appear darker. This helps the viewer locate the focus of the image. Then using the trimmings, I applied the divide tool and began to cut it further to follow the shape of the image.


I then changed the effect to soft light, which made the image blend and appear more effective.


I added the type to help with the narrative. I gave it the important information I feel it needs in my series of posters. However, the layout of the type is poor. The type is too centralised since the image as a whole is much larger. The typeface used too thick and bold. It has made it the focus of the image. The white on black also makes it draw attention.

I moved the type out of the centre of the image and have it a more appropriate location. I also changed the colour grey which makes the colour in the image more consistent. I enlarged parts of the type to show which parts are more important.
I also tried a different approach. Blending text with the image and repeating words to try to be more creative with my type. This is unsuccessful. The type is too large and draws too much attention to itself. Repeating it is also a pointless effect.

More type experimentation. I tried using some transparent type to be more consistent with the image and using bold black for more important words.
This has been a unsuccessful experiment because the type is still drawing too much attention to itself and taking away from the image. To improve this, the type needs to be more small and transparent.



For the final, I decreased the scale of the type and made the colour grey which is more consistent with the image. I also spread the type out a little to stop it all being bulked together. The type also varies in size depending on the importance of the message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment